The following are amazing spiritual healing quotes from some of the greatest minds of our time and those who came before us — this massive list includes scientists, healers, business and world leaders, religious figures, philosophers, public speakers, authors, activists, and more!
We hope these spiritual healing quotes will help you to calm your mind, contemplate, look at the bigger picture, de-stress, take out time for reflection and find everyday inspiration to discover true purpose and meaning in your life.
1. "You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul."
– Swami Vivekananda
2. "Awakening is not changing who you are, but discarding who you are not."
– Deepak Chopra
3. "The greater the doubt, the greater the awakening."
– Albert Einstein
4. "Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything."
– Imam Ali (AS)
5. "The quieter you become, the more you can hear."
– Ram Dass
6. "The more you recognize the immense good within you, the more you magnetize immense good around you."
– Alan Cohen
7. "This moment is all there is."
8. "Yes, the heart breaks. But, it also heals."
– Yasmin Mogahed
9. "One small action of love can do far, far more for a soul than all the most beautiful words in the world."
– Eileen Caddy
10. "Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force."
– Franklin D. Roosevelt
11. "Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them."
– Eckhart Tolle
12. "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"
– Rabbi Hillel
13. "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
– William Shakespeare
14. "It isn’t until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are – not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within – that you can begin to take control."
– Oprah Winfrey
15. "When there’s nothing but humility, there’s nothing but spiritual oneness."
– Frederick Lenz
16. "Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think."
– Benjamin Disraeli
17. "The mind is like a fertile garden in which anything that is planted, flowers or weeds, will grow."
– Bruce Lee
18. "The Way is not in the sky; the Way is in the heart."
19. "The soul is placed in the body like a rough diamond and must be polished, or the luster of it will never appear."
– Daniel Defoe
20. "I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer."
– Martin Luther
21. "Love one another and help others to rise to the higher levels, simply by pouring out love. Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy."
– Sai Baba
22. "We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."
– Dalai Lama
23. "At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it."
– Thich Nhat Hanh
24. "Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."
– Carl Jung
25. "Spiritual healing occurs as we begin to consciously reconnect with our essential being – the wise, loving, powerful, creative entity that we are at our core."
– Shakti Gawain
26. "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment."
– Lao Tzu
27. "Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time."
– Richard Carlson
28. "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude."
– Denis Waitley
29. "The want of goods is easily repaired, but the poverty of the soul is irreparable."
– Michel de Montaigne
30. "Taking the time to meditate is as important as taking the time to breathe. One pumps oxygen into the body, the other pumps peace into the mind."
– Marianne Williamson
31. "Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself."
– Roy T. Bennett
32. "The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind."
– Caroline Myss
33. "The measure of your maturity is how spiritual you become during the midst of your frustrations."
– Samuel Ullman
34. "When we understand clearly that inner peace is the real source of happiness, and how, through spiritual practice, we can experience progressively deeper levels of inner peace, we will develop tremendous enthusiasm to practice."
– Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
35. "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."
– Lucille Ball
36. "We can make changes in our lives, we can live consciously rather than mechanically, we can open our hearts and we can be more fully alive."
– Sharon Salzberg
37. "Much of spiritual life is self–acceptance, maybe all of it."
– Jack Kornfield
38. "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
– Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
39. "Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness."
– Indra Devi
40. "Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold."
– Bob Marley
41. "Change is never easy, but always possible."
– Barack Obama
42. "You are never alone or helpless. The force that guides the stars, guides you too."
– Shrii Shrii Ánandamúrti
43. "One of the most healing things you can do is recognize where in your life you are your own poison."
– Steve Maraboli
44. "The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves."
– Alan Watts
45. "What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
– Abraham H. Maslow
46. "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
– E.M. Forster
47. "Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul."
– Wayne Dyer
48. "We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically."
– Neil DeGrasse Tyson
49. "Be present in all things and thankful for all things."
– Maya Angelou
50. "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
51. "The most important time in the world is the time you make for yourself."
52. "Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life."
– Akshay Dubey
53. "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
– Mahatma Gandhi
54. "As long as a sense of self–importance rules your being, you will never know lasting peace."
– Matthieu Ricard
55. "Enlightenment is nothing more than the complete absence of resistance to what is. End of story."
56. "It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters."
– Amit Ray
57. "Happiness is your nature. It is not wrong to desire it. What is wrong is seeking it outside when it is inside."
– Ramana Maharshi
58. "Healing is an art. It takes time, it takes practice. It takes love."
– Maza Dohta
59. "Our prayers are answered not when we are given what we ask, but when we are challenged to be what we can be."
– Morris Adler
60. "And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
– Paulo Coelho
61. "Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
– E.E. Cummings
62. "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle."
– Francis of Assisi
63. "Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease."
64. "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."
– Kahlil Gibran
65. "Take care of your inner, spiritual beauty. That will reflect in your face."
– Dolores del Rio
66. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us."
– Helen Keller
67. "Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand."
– Bob Proctor
68. "A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, and must empty ourselves. Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in his love than in your weakness."
– Mother Teresa
69. "Self–forgiveness is essential to self–healing."
– Ruth Carter Stapleton
70. "Enlightenment is ego’s ultimate disappointment."
– Chögyam Trungpa
71. "To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear."
– Stephen Levine
72. "The awakening of consciousness is the next evolutionary step for mankind."
– Eckhart Tolle